Lower tariffs for better environmental performances
Since March 2021, Port of Açu offers benefits to vessels with environmental performance above the international standards, measured by the Environmental Ship Index (ESI).
The ESI rates vessels with scores from 0 to 100: 0 for a ship that complies with enviromental performance regulations and 100 for a ship that does not emit SOx and NOx.
Vessels that fit above the international standards now have access to different port tariffs in Açu, with DISCOUNTS UP TO 10%.
• 30 to 49.99 of ESI score: 5% discount on port call fee;
• 50 to 100 of ESI score: 10% discount;
• Max. discount R$15.000 for each vessel operation;
• Vessel must be listed at ESI system.
• 30 a 49. 99 pontos de ESI: 5% de desconto na taxa de acesso ao porto;
• 50 a 100 pontos de ESI: 10% de desconto;
• Máximo de R$15.000 de desconto para cada operação de navio;
• O navio deve estar listado no Sistema ESI.
The ESI is a global effort of more than 60 ports, headed by the World Ports Sustainability Program (WPSP), an organization created by the International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH). With world-class infrastructure and standards, Port of Açu is already recognized for being extremely committed to the best environmental practices since the beginning of its operations.
With this initiative, Açu strengthens its role as a platform to increase the sustainability profile and the shared value of the global chains.