Sustainability for us is more than a requirement: it is a business enabler
Port of Açu is committed to its environmental and social responsibilities, maintaining an open dialogue and respectful relationship with communities. Beyond that, Açu can also support companies to increase the sustainable value of their business.
• Strong experience in environmental management, with international certification Ecoports
• Expertise in licensing greenfield projects
• Environmental licenses already obtained for different projects within Port of Açu – from preliminary license to operation
• Other environmental services, such as environmental education and community outreach, waste management, fauna monitoring.
• Extensive monitoring and studies, with robust database that can support new businesses
• Design and set up of reforestation programs, with standard or customized solutions
• Extensive Community outreach network in place to facilitate communication with surrounding communities
40 km² preserved, the largest private reserve of the restinga ecosystem in Brazil. It supports reforestation compensation measures, mitigation of climate change through the conservation and restoration of coastal and marine ecosystems. It also integrates social and environmental initiatives in the region, leveraging the port-city dialogue with the community.
Research and Development
There are more than 20 active environmental programs for biodiversity conservation, such as the Sea Turtle Monitoring Program which monitors 62km of coast near Port of Açu and has already protected and released to the sea more than 1 million turtle hatchlings.