The Multicargo Terminal (T-MULT), managed by Port of Açu has licenses to handle containers, having already handled cargoes for projects such as the thermoeletric GNA I. T-MULT meets the highest customs & safety international standards, according to the ISPS Code.
To meet Market demands, the Multicargo Terminal offers a regular feeder service for containers connecting Açu to Rio de Janeiro and to the world. Nowadays, it has capacity to receive vessels with a draft of 13,1m. In addition, it has a great turning basin of 500m (one of the largest basins in Brazil).
The terminal can still expand its depth to around 18m, which will make Port of Açu even more competitive, with capacity to receive the largest container ships in the world.
- Terminal managed by Porto do Açu Operações, JV between Prumo and Port of Antwerp International
- Feeder service: Regular deefer and cabotage service for containers and project cargo between Açu and Rio de Janeiro
- Additional services: stuffing & stripping, storage, door-to-door transport (client<->port)
- Private terminal which optimizes costs and cuts red-tapes (e.g. no labor Union)
- Already has licenses to handle dry bulk and general cargo, including project cargo, containers and RoRo
- Operating since 2016
- 24/7 Operations
- Without waiting time to berth
14,5m in depth
500m of quay
180.000m² of bonded area
10 ton/m² of soil bearing capacity
1 million m² of paved storage area
road logistics access to congestion-free highways
equipments: 2 MHC Gottwald & 4 grabs;
2 stockpiles & 2 spreads; 2 eco hoppers & 10 carts