Transhipment is carried out in the Oil Terminal and operated by Açu Petróleo — a joint venture by Prumo and Germany’s Oiltanking, a global storage leader in oil, chemicals, gases and solid bulk.
Learn more about the terminal:
– Licensed capacity for 1.2 mbpd
– Capacity to execute ship-to-ship operations with VLCCs (25m in depth)
– Towboat fleet dedicated to the operation
– A world-class operator: Oiltanking
– Strategic location in the Northern part of Rio de Janeiro State, about 123 km away from the Campos Basin
– Expansion plan to execute tanking in a floating environment, with capacity for 2 million barrels
– Expansion plan to store (up to 10 million barrels), process and mix crude oil.
– Executing oil transhipment since 2016